Assistant Property Manager - Independence House
West Side Federation for Senior and Supportive Housing, Inc.
Job Description: Assistant Manager
The West Side Federation for Senior and Supportive Housing, Inc. (WSFSSH) is a community-based organization whose mission is to provide safe, affordable housing with supportive services within a residential setting which enhances the independence and dignity of each person. WSFSSH develops, manages, and provides housing for low- income older persons, many of whom live with mental illness and/or have experienced homelessness.
Under the supervision of the building manager, provide a range of administrative and supervisory services to enable tenants to live as safely and independently as possible in the community.
- Supervise front desk personnel.
- Ensure that 24hour shifts are covered as per union contract.
- Maintain all leave time requests.
- Ensure that all supplies including forms are maintained.
- Ensure that personnel is cleaning and maintaining front desk area.
- Assist manager in maintaining active personnel files: Vacation requests, time taken (sick leave, personal days, etc.)
- Process timesheets and submit in a timely manner.
- Assist manager with staff meetings, and performance evaluations.
- Responsible for taking and maintaining minutes of all meetings.
- Assist manager working with social service staff:.
- Coordinate with social service staff on various tenant issues including arrears, housekeeping, disruptive behavior, room maintenance, monthly tenant meetings, etc.
- Ensure social services department receives copies of all incident reports, tenant lists and management letters to individual residents.
- Act as liaison between tenants and staff in building manager’s absence.
- Manage general office functions.
- Assist manager in responding to building violations.
- Maintenance and distribution of all management office lists related to tenants, vendors, staff and miscellaneous documents.
- Preparation and distribution of exterminator list to Front Desk.
- Ordering supplies when needed: key blanks, appliance parts, office, cleaning and maintenance equipment.
- Document vendor repair work, including:
- Maintain related contract files.
- Document problems encountered, & proposed resolutions.
- Monitor vendor’s files.
- Maintain Certificates Book / Log. Must ensure all inspection certificates and equipment inspections are current and have not expired.
- Assist manager with maintaining tenants files consisting of:
- Section 8 and other income certifications.
- Incident reports.
- Legal correspondence.
- Work orders.
- Assist manager with maintaining monthly, quarterly and yearly reports. Reports include but are not limited to the following:
- Rent Rolls
- Front Desk
- Cover the front desk as needed.
- Assist manager with the general maintenance function of the premises including but not limited to the following:
- Tenant room inspections
- Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly checklists of maintenance task for use by maintenance staff.
- Conduct regular inspection of boiler, elevator, fuel storage tanks (If applicable), sprinkler, standpipes, etc.
- Maintaining clear identification of all building systems; for example, plumbing valves, sprinkler standpipes, etc.
- Enforce recycling and garbage regulations.
- Keep orderly and stocked maintenance room.
RENT COLLECTION / ARREARS AND PAYROLL DISTRIBUTION:
- Assist manager with rent collection and arrears pursuit.
- Process coin exchanges for rent collection.
- Pickup coin exchange and assist in verifying amounts received.
- Make bank deposits weekly or as needed.
- Distribute employee checks, and cash employees’ checks if needed
- Request quotes for purchases using authorized vendors.
- Inspect deliveries.
- Review and process invoices for payment.
- Work as a member of a team to establish and maintain high level of care and respect for and communication with residents
- Work cooperatively with other staff members
- Share information about resident progress, needs, and problems with other staff in accordance with WSFSSH Confidentiality Policy.
- Attend training sessions and conferences as required for enhancement of job skills
- Implement emergency procedures as necessary
- Submit all required reports in a complete and timely manner
- Assist with other duties as directed
- At least 21 years of age.
- Strong math skills and computer literacy.
- diverse environment
- Able to perform job responsibilities.
- Prefer a minimum of one year of experience working with older adults.
- Prefer Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Prefer bilingual English/Spanish. .
- Able to work in a multicultural and
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principal at WSFSSH, where employment is based upon employees’ qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.