Safety/HVAC Energy System and Facilities Management
The West Side Federation for Senior and Supportive Housing, Inc. (WSFSSH) is a community-based organization whose mission is to provide safe, affordable housing with supportive services within a residential setting which enhances the independence and dignity of each person. WSFSSH develops, manages, and provides housing for low- income older persons, many of whom live with mental illness and/or have experienced homelessness. WSFSSH currently owns and operates nearly 2400 units in 29 buildings located in Manhattan and the Bronx.
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager and the overall supervision of the Director of Property and energy Conservation Management, the Fire Safety, HVAC Energy Systems and Property Manager will assist with specific projects and tasks at each building and work closely with all supers to carry out these special projects and specific tasks within the buildings and on the grounds. Under the supervision of the Construction Manager, the Fire Safety, HVAC, Energy Systems and Facility Manager will be responsible to ensure that all systems are working properly in a timely manner before heating season sets-in.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensure Fire Safety, Ensure that our buildings are meeting all fire safety codes. Resolve all fire violations. Schedule on-site meetings with all our fire safety consultants and contractors
- Ensure OSHA Safety. Coordinate Agency Safety committee.
- Schedule and coordinate all service contracts and on-site meetings with all Directors, Managers, Supers, and all Contractors. Keep all service and laundry contracts up to date. Ensure control sheets are accurate and current. Make sure everything is saved on shared drive.
- Work collaboratively with the Facilities Manager to ensure a comprehensive, well integrated HVAC system that works properly and efficiently.
- Obtain and review all logs with all Supers
- Obtain all boilers, fire, HVAC elevator preventive maintenance service field reports from our Supers and our service contractors and follow up as required.
- Along with Facilities Manager ensure that proper preventive maintenance is being done in all of our buildings by our Supers and Contractors. Ensure all preventative maintenance logs are current including, HVAC, fire systems, electrical, extermination, etc
- Along with Facilities Manager obtain and review all elevators preventive maintenance logs with all Supers and all elevator service contractors. Ensure that we are 100% code compliant.
- Develop a comprehensive building inspection schedule and protocol. Inspect all buildings semiannually with the Facilities Manager. Write reports and follow up as required
- Encourage all Supers to register and attend the Super’s Technical Club. Ensure all Supers obtain their NYCFD and other required Certificates.
- Assist the Insurance Department as needed to ensure MVA and insurance and COVID protocols are all current
- Maintain vans
- Maintain high level of respect and care for tenants.
- Maintain confidentiality as mandated by the WSFSSH Confidentiality Policy.
- Work cooperatively with other WSFSSH staff.
- Attend training sessions and conference as required for enhancement of job skills.
- Attend supervision regularly.
- Attend community meetings, and work with other community groups as directed.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 21 years of age
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in this field.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow-up
- Certifications S12, S13, S95, F01, OSHA ten-hour preferred
- Emotionally, mentally, and physically able to perform job responsibilities.