Personal Care Aide - Frederic Fleming House
West Side Federation For Senior and Supportive Housing, Inc.
Frederic Fleming House
Job Description: Personal Care Aide
Under the supervision of the on-site building staff, provide a range of services and supervision to residents of Frederic Fleming House with the goal of enabling residents to live as safely and independently as possible. The Personal Care Aide will:
- Supervise the personal hygiene and physical well-being of the residents.
- Assist residents as needed in activities of daily living, including: bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, walking, and other personal care needs.
- Monitor to assure that residents are eating meals regularly each day.
- Assist residents in using the dining room, participating in activity programs, and joining in the life of the residence.
- Escort residents to medical and other appointments as directed, including visiting residents who are in hospital.
- Assist kitchen staff as needed in meal preparation, serving, and clean up.
- Assist housekeeper/porter as assigned, including participating in recycling activities and laundry.
- Travel for errands to stores, clinics, and offices as directed.
- Monitor the safety and security of the building and residents by staffing the front desk, including:
- Interacting with residents in cordial, respectful way, spending time with them and assessing their individual needs
- Screening visitors
- Monitoring any alarm and security systems
- Answering phone calls.
Additionally, with regard to working within the Fleming House community and with other staff members, the Personal Care Aide will:
- Work as a member of a team to establish and maintain high level of care and respect for the resident community.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Actively communicate any issues or concerns to his/her supervisor.
- Report information about resident progress, needs, and problems with other staff.
- Attend training sessions and conferences as required for enhancement of job skills.
- Implement emergency procedures as necessary.
- Submit all required reports in a complete and timely manner.
- Assist with other duties as directed.
- Preferred: Minimum of 1 year experience working with dependent persons
- At least 18 years of age.
- Emotionally, mentally, and physically able to perform job responsibilities.
- Able to speak, read, and write English (as required by DSS regulation 42323.9.13)
Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:15am - 6pm