Case Manager - Millbrook Terrace Senior Center
West Side Federation for Senior and Supportive Housing, Inc
Mill Brook Terrace Older Center
570 E 137th
Bronx, NY 10454
Job Description- Mill Brook Terrace Center, Case Manager/Data Base Manager
The Center at Mill Brook Case Manager/Data Base Manager (CM/DBM) will provide a comprehensive range of case management services, including individual and group services. The goal of these services is to ensure each Center member has access to available resources and services that promote his/her ability to live in the community, a sense of well-being, health and strong community bonds. The CM/DBM will provide direct services as well as assist the Center members in accessing any other supportive services needed. In addition, the CM/DBM will enter information into the data systems required by DFTA. The case manager reports to the Director of the Center at Mill Brook and works collaboratively with other Center staff.
Direct Services to Tenants
Develop a 1:1 relationship with Center members to assess their interests and needs. Facilitate the provision of case management services. Toward this end, the case manager will:
- Meet individually with Center members to assess their needs and determine, with member input, a course of action to meet these needs.
- Assist members in obtaining and maintaining appropriate medical and mental health treatment.
- Assist members in obtaining and maintaining entitlements.
- Provide assistance, information and advocacy around housing needs and issues.
- Assist members in establishing and/or maintaining family and social contacts.
- Encourage participation in Center at Mill Brook activities with the goal of preventing social isolation and enhancing quality of life.
- Provide individual counseling as needed.
- Provide group work services.
- Escort members to appointments if necessary.
- Monitor members who are hospitalized and work with appropriate hospital staff to ensure a safe discharge is arranged and any necessary services are put in place. Visits to hospitalized members may be necessary.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and workshops on topics of value to Center members.
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed.
- Create and maintain case records as indicated by WSFSSH, DFTA and any other relevant funding sources. All chart documentation must be completed within the time frames required by WSFSSH and the regulatory agencies.
- Maintain compliance with all DFTA requirements.
- Contribute to the Data Base management of the Center at Mill Brook, entering member information in DFTA systems as required.
- Maintain high level of respect and care for Center members.
- Maintain confidentiality as mandated by the WSFSSH Confidentiality Policy.
- Work cooperatively with other WSFSSH staff.
- Attend training sessions and conferences as required for enhancement of job skills.
- Attend supervision regularly.
- Attend community meetings, and work with other community groups as directed.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSW considered. MSW, LMSW preferred.
- Experience with the elderly and/or those with special needs helpful.
- Experience in group work preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principal at WSFSSH, where employment is based upon employees’ qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.