Multi site support Cook
Job Description: Multi site support Cook
Under the supervision of the Food service director in conjunction with the kitchen chef /site manager, assist with the the preparation, serving, and clean-up of all food services each program day. The hours and days for this position will vary week to week.
EQUIPMENT AND SANITATION
- Comply with all applicable state and city regulations regarding food storage, food preparation, and maintenance of kitchen, kitchen equipment, food storage room and dining room
- Maintain up-to-date Food protection certification from the NYC Department of Health and mental hygiene.
- Maintain sanitary, organized conditions in all food preparation, food serving, and food storage areas
- Follow posted menu if possible. If menu items are not available on-site or cannot be defrosted in time for meal, try to prepare a balanced meal consisting of a protein, starch, non-starchy vegetable and a fruit for dessert.
- Ask for kitchen tested recipes from dietitian if not available on-sit. Recipes on-site should correlate to the planned menus for lunch program.
- Meet with supervisors and participants on a regular basis to discuss food service and coverage.
- Ordering of all food and work with vendors/suppliers if covering for an extended vacation or sick leave.
- Maintain monthly food budget given by Food service Director or Dietitian for the meal program if covering for an extended vacation or sick leave.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of food, utensils and supplies to assure adequate stock exists for preparation during the duration of coverage. When coverage is completed, make a list of items that need to be replaced.
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of meals and arrange appetizing and complete presentation of standard meal portions
- Prepare and serve all meals for residents at each building you are covering for.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a kitchen(s) preparing/serving 25 persons or more.
- Must have a valid Food protection certification from the NYC Department of Health and mental hygiene.
- Experience with supervision and food ordering preferred.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Able to speak, read, and write English (as required by DSS
- regulation 487.9.13)
WSFSSH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at WSFSSH, where employment is based upon employees’ qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.