Program Aide - Westbourne
Under the supervision of the Building Manager and with direct program oversite by the Director of Clinical Services the Program Aide is responsible for providing a range of services to our residents with the goal of maintaining a clean and safe environment enabling residents to live independently and with dignity.
- Assist residents in activities of daily living, personal care, room cleaning, laundry, shopping, and socialization.
- Complete documentation of services provided to residents as required.
- Escort residents to medical, entitlement, and other appointments as directed.
- Assist in preparing resident rooms for bed-bug treatments, including but not limited; resident laundry, packing up residents’ personal items.
- Shop for program supplies as directed.
- Facilitate and assist residents in utilizing/attending activity groups, floor meetings, outings, resident socials, etc. This includes outreach to residents and assisting with the set-up and clean-up of activities.
- Assist in the daily serving of lunch as needed.
- Provide coverage at front desk as needed.
- Visit residents while in hospital, nursing homes and/or other facilities as directed.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members to establish strong lines of communication with tenants and provide high level of care.
- Share tenant progress, needs, and problems with staff as appropriate.
- Attend training sessions and conferences as required for enhancement of job skills.
- Implement emergency procedures as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minor plumbing tasks such as unclogging toilets & bathtubs; shutting/opening water valves.
- Share information with building manager and superintendent about resident needs, and/or problems with other staff.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent required.
- Emotionally, mentally and physically able to perform job responsibilities.
- Able to speak, read, and write English.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Experience working with special needs population a plus
WSFSSH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO); employment is based upon employees’ qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.