West Side Federation for Senior and Supportive Housing, inc.
570 E. 137th Street
Bronx NY 10454
Job Description: Kitchen Assistant/dishwasher
Under the supervision of the lead cook, in conjunction with the building administrator and the Food Service Director assist in meal preparation, serving, and clean up.
- Assist in the Peroration of meals under the direction of lead cook/chef.
- Wash and sterilize all kitchen equipment and cookware following DOH rules and regulations.
- Clean work area, equipment, kitchen, and dining area as directed
- Work as a member of a team to establish and maintain high level of care and respect for and communication with residents
- Work cooperatively with other staff members
- Share information about resident progress, needs, and problems with other staff
- Attend training sessions and conferences as required for enhancement of job skills
- Implement emergency procedures as necessary
- Submit all required reports in a complete and timely manner
- Assist with other duties as directed
- Preferred: Minimum of 1-year experience in a kitchen setting.
- Ability to work in a diverse community of residents and staff.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs