Job Description: Housekeeper
Under the supervision of the Superintendent, direct and oversee the housekeeping services to all residents with the goal of providing a clean, safe, and personalized home for all the residents at 129th Street Residence.
- With the Superintendent, arrange schedule of tasks and auxiliary staff to insure
that all the housekeeping needs are met on a daily basis.
- Housekeeping Services to the Resident Floors:
Complete and/or supervise the completion of the following:
Tasks / Responsibilities
- Assure that all areas on the resident floors are clean and free of potential safety
- Tidy the lounge and common area: surfaces and floors
- Make the Beds
- Clean the Bathrooms
- Empty Trash
- Assure each resident has access to an adequate supply of toilet paper, soap, ect.
- Dust and clean resident rooms.
- Vacuum the Residents Rooms
- Change the Linens.
- Launder the Linens.
- Launder each resident’s personal clothing, as needed by specific residents.
- Work as a member of a team to establish and maintain, respect for, and
communication with the residents.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Share information about resident’s progress, needs, and problems with
the other staff members.
- Attend training sessions and conferences as required for the enhancement
of your job skills.
- Implement emergency procedures when necessary.
- Submit all required reports in a complete and timely manner.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- You must be 21 years of age.
- You must be emotionally, mentally, and physically able to perform your
- You must be able to speak, read, and write English (as required by DSS