Senior Project Manager for Real Estate Development
The West Side Federation for Senior and Supportive Housing, Inc. (WSFSSH) is a community‐based organization whose mission is to provide safe, affordable housing with supportive services within a residential setting which enhances the independence and dignity of each person. WSFSSH develops, manages, and provides housing and social services for low‐ income older persons, many of whom live with mental illness and/or have experienced homelessness.
The Senior Project Manager for Real Estate Development (SPM) will report to the WSFSSH Director of Real Estate Development and will be responsible for implementing a range of projects from pre-development through construction and permanent financing conversion. The SPM will be responsible for ensuring the on-time and on-budget completion of real estate projects.
- Manage all stages of development projects, including coordinating all project due diligence, from project conception through construction;
- Acquisition including site sourcing and feasibility analysis;
- Coordinate, secure, and requisition project capital and operating funding sources, including negotiations with public and private capital partners;
- Prepare and update project underwriting;
- Solicit, vet, and negotiate contractor and consultant proposals;
- Facilitate architectural, land use, and budget approvals throughout the development cycle;
- Coordinate project transition from construction completion to lease-up and ongoing management/maintenance, including managing construction closings;
- Organize community and tenant outreach and engagement;
- Prepare funding applications, grant requests, and other RFP responses.
- Strategic thinker
- Strong degree of initiative and the capacity to develop and implement critical project milestones
- Candidate must be highly organized, with the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities and maintain an attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in affordable and supportive housing
- Minimum of 5 years of real estate development or related project management experience
- Must be able to work effectively within a collaborative team approach
- A graduate degree is preferred but not required (depending on prior work or academic experience)
WSFSSH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO); employment is based upon employees’ qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.