Job Description: Social Worker
Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, provide a range of social services to residents with the goal of assisting residents to live safely and as independently as possible in permanent housing.
DIRECT SERVICES TO CASELOAD CLIENTS:
- Develop a relationship with residents.
- Counsel residents to assist them in establishing and maintaining as safe and independent a lifestyle as possible.
Toward this end:
- complete psycho-social history and ongoing updates
- assist residents in obtaining and maintain appropriate medical and psychiatric treatment
- assist residents in obtaining and maintaining entitlements, eg: SSI and Medicaid
- assist residents in establishing and/or maintaining family and social contacts
- through in-house and community referral, assist residents in participation in socialization activities
- maintain case records
- provide intensive case management to residents.
SERVICES TO ALL RESIDENTS:
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed
- Develop and facilitate groups for residents, as mutually agreed upon with the residents.
- Establish and maintain high level of care and respect for residents
- Work cooperatively with other staff members
- Share information about resident progress, needs, and problems with other staff
- Attend training sessions and conferences as required for enhancement of job skills
- Implement emergency procedures as necessary
- Submit all required reports in a complete and timely manner
- Assist with special projects as directed.
- Master of Social Work
- Minimum of three years year experience working with formerly homeless mentally ill persons. Experience working in residential care helpful
- Emotionally, mentally, and physically able to perform job responsibilities
- Able to speak, read, and write English. Knowledge of Spanish preferred.
WSFSSH is and Equal Employment